banner

banner
'We have come to destroy you!'

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Black Hawk Down? - More Guard reinforcements!

Hello all,

2 things today! A valkyrie and a Chimera. Really enjoying painting up this army. It's not the best paint job ever, but it's dirty, grimey and realistic. The whole army will look quite good on the field I think. 
Valkyrie!

A couple of cinematic shots to begin with! This is my Dust Devil Dropship. A tough, fast, heavily armed troop transport.


So, I always wanted a valkyrie but again (I have problems) I was not happy with the original design. Mostly, It's because it's not one thing, it's a fighter, a helicopter, a troop transport and a gunship. It kind of just doesn't fit. Also, the original Valkyire has downward sweeping wings, meaning the heavy bolters on the sides can't see anything.

So! I set out to make my own! I used Tau Devilfish engines, and reversed the wings and voila. I'm very happy with the design. It looks more practical and more realistic. I added miniguns to the doors and cut out a panel to shift them along a little too. I wanted them to look like Black Hawk door gunners.




Drop Ship!



The crew + Supplies and extra ammo!


Brrrrrt!

Nr 56 has had a rough time. Lots of battle damage.
Chimera

Again, Keeping the whole grimey thing going. I want my tanks and vehicles to look used and battle hardened. I looked up a lot of Irak and Afghanistan pictures and found plenty of inspiration. I think It turned out pretty good!





C&C Welcome. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment