banner

banner
'We have come to destroy you!'

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Lords of Destruction - Space Marine Centurions

Space marine Centurions! -

When these models first came out I laughed at how ugly they were. They were just hideous, blocky, weird looking mech suits. I found a cool conversion online that slimmed them down a lot and made them just... more in proportion. I asked for some my birthday and the glorious bunch of friends/nemesi presented some to me! w00t!


Original.... bleurgh.

I proceeded to convert them as planned. I wanted to put some effort into the black paint scheme. I've seen so many black paint schemes where the black is so nice and matt. So clean. Mine always turns out a bit crappy. This time would be different. I first bought the two shades of grey highlights that I'd be needing, rather than trying to mix black and white each time. I also tried a new technique of starting with a much lighter basecoast. A dark grey rather than jet black.

The recipe is something like this: Black undercoat, dark grey basecoat, eshin grey highlight, administratum grey highlight followed by washing the whole thing in nuln oil. The oil blends the highlights and darkens the dark grey basecoat making everything look much neater. It's my first attempt and I'm very pleased. It just looks a bit tidier.

 I also hated the idea of the hurricane bolters being mounted on the thorax so I moved them over to wrist mounted guns with ammo belts from zinge industries.
 With Biotitans and Wraithknights entering the local meta, Grav cannons will be essential. I've also figured out that they can, at a push, be quite excellent anti-air. it's 6's to hit and 6's to glance BUT with 15 re-roll to hit and re-roll to glance there's a good chance for damage, and when grav cannons damage vehilces, they're immobilised, meaning planes and flyers can crash & burn.


C&C welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment