banner

banner
'We have come to destroy you!'

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Swamps 2.0!!!




Hello,

About 5 years ago, Rik and I decided to dust off our warhammer and play a game. It'd be my first game in almost 8 years or so (last time I'd played was 3rd edition back in High School)

I decided I would bash together some scenery for our game. I grabbed some cardboard and bits and made a few ruined buildings, a hill and a swamp! They were fine efforts but really quite crap. Ever since then I've wanted to sit down and make some proper swamp scenery. After 5 years I finally decided it was time.

Here goes!

Swamp Nr 1 - Dead dude and Turret

Making these was a challenge. I wanted them to seem deep. Adding depth means painting in the depth. Painting isn't my fortè but I tried. I had a box of old bits and decided to make some sunken wreck stuff.... and a Dead guy.





Marine for scale + cool shot

Swamp 2 - The Dead Grox

I wanted this one to be slightly larger, slightly flatter and look shallower. I found a cool skeleton thing from an ogre kit and decided to use that. The plants I used were a bit tropical but there isn't much I can do about that. I added some more metal garbage and an oil drum to tie it in with the others.










Swamp 3 - The grim fate of Tank 34

This is my favourite. I had an old chimera that was all beat up and badly sprayed. I decided to use it as a sunken wreck. I like to think the scenery can tell a story about what's happened and leaving little clues around are fun. I like to think the tank got stuck in the swamp and then taken out by a well placed anti tank shot... blowing the turret clean off!.
 


Someone rolled a 6 on their Dark Lance shot!

Like butter!

Exit wound!


 I liked the idea of the swamp slowly breaking the tank down and sucking it down into the murky depths.
The Cadians always seem to get it rough!




The three swamps!


Marines for scale!

Should look good in battle reports!
Thanks for stopping by. C&C welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Bravo, sir. Nice looking swamp terrain you've gotten put together. I wouldn't be at all ashamed to have it on my table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words! Can't wait to have a game on them.

    ReplyDelete