banner

banner
'We have come to destroy you!'

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chapter Master of the Scorpion Legion!

A Chapter Master takes shape!

This particular model has been thru about 3 different resculpts. Finally I'm happy with the result. At the moment he looks rather dirty (I gave him a wash of black ink so I could see any detail problems and get a rough idea of what he'd look like painted.

A Behemoth, That's a 40mm base!!!
I've always wanted an imposing HQ, a model that can really stand out. I also have a backstory written for this guy. Once he's painted up I'll be posting it here. For stats I'm going to use Mephiston as a base. For regular games I'll just use mephiston stats, for fun games with friends I'll see if they'll allow a modified stat line.

I was thinking the following: Exactly the same stats as Mephiston but without the transfixing gaze, plasma pistol, psychic powers and force sword and WITH terminator armour, an assault cannon. We'll see. I will most likely only be using him in apocalypse.

I do however, need input! I cannot decide which head to use. I'm stuck on the following ones:
Hooded? - Mysterious?
Half bionic face? grizzled veteran?

Scorpion Helmet?
Knightly?

Heresy style?



I'm stuck. Please post suggestions! :)

Also, just painted up this guy in 30 mins... not bad for speed painting?



3 comments:

  1. Awesome speed painting!

    Helmet Wise, I'd look into using 3rd party heads and maybe find something Greek/Roman... Puppet miniatures do some great ones that look great. Phalanx Hoplite scifi heads would suit him well.

    Rules wise? Well it really depends on his backstory. Does the gear make him or is it side lined to his actual story?

    Keep up the good work mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Conversion! I really like the fist holding the sword. I would go for the scorpion or the knight helm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Rik. A third party head would really set this mini apart. Great work!

    ReplyDelete